Thank you for showing interest in becoming a much valued member of the Earthworm Society of Britain, the only one of its kind in the UK and indeed the world.
Who can join?
Membership to the Earthworm Society of Britain is open to anyone of all ages and all scientific and natural history abilities, from complete beginner to expert. All you need is an interest in earthworms, a desire to explore the rich biodiversity of life that lies beneath your feet and perhaps the willingness to get your hands dirty digging every now and again!
- Learn more about earthworms, their ecology, habits and distributions
- Have the opportunity to attend identification courses and be able to take part in the National Earthworm Recording Scheme
- Receive details and invitations to our events and field meetings.
- Find out about exclusive members-only earthworm collection tours at the Natural History Museum, London
- Receive Earthworm News, our membership newsletter full of news, reviews, reports and competitions!
- Meet people with like-minded interests
- Open, friendly access to expertise and advice on sampling and identifcation
- Access to members-only discounts with partner organisations
- Please note all communication with our members is electronic.
No sky-high membership fees here! Even more reason to join us. Please note we keep our membership fees and environmental impact low by being paperless - all communications with our members are electronic.
Individual Membership is just £5
Individual Lifetime Membership is only £40
Use PayPal - our preferred option
The 'Add to Cart' button should take you to the PayPal website in another browser tab/window. If nothing happens, please refresh this page and then try again. If problems persist, please contact our webmaster.
Pay via bank transfer
You can pay for your membership electronically (via an online bank payment) or by cheque.
Please contact us at ESBmembers@gmail.com to organise payment electronically and provide us with your membership details.
Pay via cheque
Please note that although it is possible to pay by cheque it is our least preferred option as it creates significantly more work for our volunteer membership officer, so please only use if you are unable to pay via Paypal or BACS transfer - thank you!
Download our membership form and post it back to us with your cheque. Please return the form and cheque made payable to 'Earthworm Society of Britain' to us at:
Earthworm Society of Britain
c/o Keiron Brown, 10 Warrington Road, Harrow, London HA1 1SY
You will receive acknowledgement of your payment by email
Please note we keep our membership fees and environmental impact low by being paperless - all communications with our members are electronic, so please include an email address.