The Field Studies Council have updated their Key to the Earthworms of the UK and Ireland and released the second edition of this publication. Furthermore, they are offering an earlybird offer: £7.00 instead of £9.00 if ordered online by 31 May 2018.
The Second Edition is twice as long as the First Edition and includes several new features:
- Extra key to earthworms found in artificial environments (such as heated greenhouses)
- New guidance on earthworm dissection and internal anatomy
- Expanded introductory section on earthworm ecology and biology
- Many new photographs within the Species Accounts taken especially for this guide, including lots of live specimens
- New line drawings of the tubercula pubertatis for all species where this character is present
- Updates to distribution and status information for each species in the light of new data