Thank you for showing interest in becoming a much valued member of the Earthworm Society of Britain, the only one of its kind in the UK and indeed world.
Please contact us at ESBmembers@gmail.com.
Who can join?
Membership to the Earthworm Society of Britain is open to anyone of all ages and all scientific and natural history abilities, from complete beginner to expert. All you need is an interest in earthworms, a desire to explore the rich biodiversity of life that lies beneath your feet and perhaps the willingness to get your hands dirty digging every now and again!
- Learn more about earthworms, their ecology, habits and distributions
- Have the opportunity to attend identification courses and be able to take part in the National Earthworm Recording Scheme
- Receive details and invitations to our events and field meetings.
- Find out about exclusive members-only earthworm collection tours at the Natural History Museum, London
- Receive Earthworm News, our membership newsletter full of news, reviews, reports and competitions!
- Meet people with like-minded interests
- Open, friendly access to expertise and advice on sampling and identifcation
- Families are very welcome
- Access to members-only discounts with partner organisations
No sky-high membership fees here! Even more reason to join us.
Individual Membership is just £5
Family Membership* is only £10
Individual Lifetime Membership is only £40
* Family Membership will provide every occupant of the household with the full benefits of individual membership and the ability to attend events at a discounted price.
Pay via bank transfer
You can pay for your membership electronically (via an online bank payment) or by cheque.
Please contact us at ESBmembers@gmail.com to organise payment electronically.
Pay via cheque
Alternatively, you may prefer to download our membership form and post it back to us with your cheque. Please return the form and cheque made payable to 'Earthworm Society of Britain' to us at
Earthworm Society of Britain
c/o Charlotte Bell, Field Studies Council Head Office, Preston Montford, Montford Bridge, Shrewsbury, Shropshire SY4 1HW
You will receive acknowledgement of your payment by email (or post if you do not have an email address).
Most communications from the ESB will be via email, so please include an email address to receive notifications of events, workshops, the newsletter etc.